We like our presents to look kinda pretty. So, we’ve put together a couple of ideas for simple gift wrapping that starts with using brown paper.
- blade/stanley knife
- sticky tape
- double-sided sticky tape
- metal ruler
- brown paper/white paper
For this example I’ve used:
- yarn from my left overs
- buttons – when I throw out a garment I sometimes cut the buttons off and keep them, or I have a collection of the extras that come when you buy a new piece of clothing but the clothing is long gone
- paper lace doilies – a few dollars from the supermarket or newsagent. I had some left over from some invitations
- washi tape – this is patterned sticky tape, available from discount stores or craft shops
- paper ribbon – I got a couple of rolls from a discount store: $0.50 for a 10 metre roll
- tissue paper – it’s good to have this on hand, but I haven’t used it this time. It’s cheap, again from discount stores.
Don’t forget to share some of your frugal gift wrapping ideas in the comments section.
Gift wrapping by Making Cents Meet is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.